Specialties: Internal Medicine and Cardiology
A 1975 graduate of The Government High School in The Bahamas, Dr. Brown attended Acadia University at age of 16 for one year (Dean’s List), and then Dalhousie University for 2 years before earnestly embarking on his medical career.
Dr. Brown’s primary goal at this stage in his career is in the broadening provision of State-Of-The-Art Cardiac, Cancer and Imaging Services, as well as Heart, and later, Other Stem Cell Services to the population of his Bahamas, The Caribbean and Beyond, irrespective of their ability to pay for same, via his “Partnered Care Model of Healthcare Delivery for ALL”.
Such is his Practice at The Medical Pavilion Antigua, Home to The Cancer Centre Eastern Caribbean, The Heart Centre Antigua and The Imaging Centre Antigua (PET-CT Scanning), as well as The Medical Pavilion Bahamas, which serves as Home to many Centres, including but not limited to the Heart, Cancer, Imaging, Breast, Dialysis, Stem Cell and Research. He truly believes in: –
“STRIVING FOR EXCELLENCE WITH A HEARTY SMILE
WHILE ENSURING AFFORDABLE ACCESS FOR ALL VIA PARTNERED CARE”
- 1978: The University of The West Indies (UWI) Medical School.
- 1982: Graduated with MBBS Degree.
- 1985: Residency in Internal Medicine, certified in 1988, then
- 1988: Fellowship in Cardiology, Univ. of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey and Newark Beth Israel Medical Centre, completed 1990.
- 1990: Returned to The Bahamas & Caribbean as youngest American Board-Certified Internist.
- 1990: Formed The Bahamas Heart Centre.
- 1991: Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Cardiovascular Disease (Cardiology).
- 1993: Built Anew The Bahamas Heart Centre and The Bahamas Chest Centre on Collins Avenue.
- 1994: Opened The New Bahamas Heart Centre And The Bahamas Chest Centre.
- 1994: 1st Bahamian Fellow of The American College of Cardiology, (FACC), and 3rd from the Caribbean.
- 1996: Part of The Bahamas Interventional Cardiology Centre that introduced Invasive and Interventional Cardiology (angioplasty and stents) to The Bahamas at Doctors Hospital.
- 1997: Led and broadened Physician Ownership in Sunrise Medical Centre, Ltd., The Clinic, in Freeport, Grand Bahama.
- 1998: Led Conversion to a Private Hospital while introducing the Northern Bahamas to CT and MRI.
- 1999: Recognized by Medical Association of The Bahamas for Outstanding Contributions in Cardiology.
- 2002: Built The Centreville Medical Pavilion (CMP) with addition of Cancer Centre to The Bahamas Heart and Chest Centre.
- 2004: Honoured as A Legend in the Field of Medicine in The Bahamas.
- 2004: President, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of Radiation Therapy Services Bahamas Ltd., (RTSBL), a Comprehensive Cancer Centre and 1st to perform IMRT.
- 2006: RTSBL achieved American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO) Accreditation.
- 2006: Radiation Therapy Services Bahamas Ltd. renamed to The Cancer Centre Bahamas (TCCB).
- 2009: Brown was invited by Prime Minister Baldwin Spencer of Antigua and Barbuda to build in Antigua, a Cancer Centre similar to The Cancer Centre Bahamas and on the basis of his Partnered Care Model.
- 2010: For these and other accomplishments, Dr. Brown was voted Jones Communications Network’s Civil Society’s “Person of the Year, 2009”.
- 2015: The Cancer Centre Eastern Caribbean is opened to serve the Organization of Eastern Caribbean States (now 10 countries and 1,000,000 people) as its first sub-regional specialist medical centre.
- 2015: Dr. Brown was awarded The 2015 Bahamian ICON Awards for Health for his invaluable contributions to the Health Industry of The Commonwealth of The Bahamas.
- The American College of Cardiology (ACC)
- American Heart Association (AHA)
- European Society of Cardiology (ESC)
- The Caribbean Cardiac Society, Former President, 2006-2008, and one of its longest standing Council Members, and
- Trustee of the Sir Victor Sassoon (Bahamas) Heart Foundation. He is also a Consultant Cardiologist at both the Princess Margaret and Doctors Hospitals.
- AHA Scientific Committee, 2008 thru 2010
- AHA International Business Committee, 2013 thru 2017