The Imaging Centre (TIC) is a joint venture between several associates including The Bahamas Heart Centre (BHC), The Bahamas Imaging Centre (BIC), The Bahamas Imaging Centre: Nuclear Division (BICND), The CT Centre (CTC) and The Breast Centre (TBC) at The Medical Pavilion Bahamas as well as The Bahamas Interventional Cardiology Centre (BICC) at Doctors Hospital.
Types Of Imaging Services
- Non Invasive
These independent yet associated imaging centres all lend their imaging capabilities to the support of screening, diagnostic and therapeutic strategies in the management of various pathologies, especially cardiovascular disease and cancer, thereby lending major support to the primary entities of The Pavilion, especially The Heart and Cancer Centres.
Major Milestones For The Imaging Centre
- July, 1990: The Bahamas Heart Centre and Non-Invasive Cardiac Imaging;
- January, 1994: The Bahamas Imaging Centre and General Radiology and Ultrasonography;
- July, 1994: The Bahamas Imaging Centre, Nuclear Division and SPECT Nuclear Imaging (Cardiology and Medicine);
- March, 1996: The Bahamas Interventional Cardiology Centre with Invasive and Interventional Imaging;
- January, 2004: The CT Centre with High Resolution CT Imaging and many new techniques;
- April, 2005: The Bahamas Heart Centre and MicroVoltage T-Wave Alternans Testing (MTWA) for Sudden Death Syndrome
- April, 2008: The Breast Centre with Digital Mammography and Breast Ultrasound Program.
The Imaging Centre is planning to close its comprehensive loop of imaging modalities with both an Open MRI Scanner and PET Scanning under consideration.
At The Imaging Centre, each referral is treated as an Imaging Consultation. The Centre has also been an innovator in The Bahamas and Caribbean with the introduction of telemedicine and teleradiology, particularly with its nuclear medicine and cardiology programs, all the way back in 1994. This remains an integral part of our imaging support with continued enhancements expected over the years to come.
Probably one of the largest private facilities of its kind in the entire Caribbean region, TIC provides an extensive array of state-of-the-art imaging modalities under one roof. The Imaging Centre’s spectrums of services includes, but are not limited to:
Non-Invasive Imaging Service
- General Radiography
- Electrocardiography (EKGs)
- Holter Monitoring
- Echocardiography (TransThoracic & Trans-esophageal)
- Vascular Imaging
- SPECT Nuclear Cardiology and Medicine
- Digital Mammography
- High-Resolution CT Scanning (1st 16-Slice CT Scanner in Caribbean)
- Virtual Colonoscopy
- Virtual Bronchoscopy
- Virtual Angioscopy
- CT Urography (IVP)
- CT Angiography
- CT Coronary Angiography
- Whole Body Imaging
- Coronary Calcium Scoring High Resolution CT
- Bone Densitometry Scans
Invasive Imaging Services
- Image-Guided Interventional Radiology utilizing CT, Ultrasound and Digital Mammography
- Cardiac Catheterization and Angiography with its associated interventional therapies via our Bahamas Interventional Cardiology Centre (BICC).